Hello! As you can tell from the title, we will be making pancakes today. Do not be afraid of the ingredients, because the soured milk actually makes the pancakes super fluffy.
This recipe goes great with maple syrup or whipped cream, and for “mint chip pancakes”, put some crushed up dark chocolate into the batter before cooking it, and to make mint syrup, just put double an amount of sugar into any amount of water, then add mint extract and food coloring to desired taste/color.
I hope you like this recipe as much as we did, and happy cooking!
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- cooking spray
- Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to “sour”.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk egg and butter into “soured” milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.