My good friend Alice finally showed me how to make this and it is surprisingly easy! She’s giving me less reason to go to BCD.
- Beef (either pre cut or get ribeye) cut into small pieces
- pork belly (cut into small pieces)
- green onion
- 1 large onion
- 1/4 cup dried kelp
- 1/4 cup dried anchovies
- garlic (6-8 cloves)
- 1/4 cup shitake mushrooms
- red pepper flakes
- fish sauce
- green onion
- Make the dashi (broth). Put 1/4 cup of dried kelp, 1/4 cup anchovies, rough chopped onion and 1/4 cup dried shitake mushrooms in a pot with drinking water and boil for 15-20 minutes.
- Make a paste with 2 tbsp of minced garlic, 1 tsp or more if you want more spicy of the red chili pepper flakes, 1 tsp salt (add more later to taste).
- In a heavy pot (stone pot is best), saute the pork belly with 2 tbsp of sesame oil. Add beef, clams, or kimchee. Stir fry until it’s all cooked through. Add whatever veggies you want (i.e. zucchini, enoki mushrooms) and keep frying.
- Add tofu (1-3 blocks depending on how much your making). Chop up the tofu into 1×2 in squares and throw in. Add the garlic salt and pepper paste. Stir more. Add the dashi and keep stirring. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add additional salt to taste and also 1-2 tbsp of fish sauce. Crack an egg and wait 3-5 minutes and then stir slowly.
- Add chopped green onions on top. Stir a bit more. Serve in a bowl and drizzle 1-2 tbsp sesame oil.