Makes 5 cups. Measurements are inexact – add as much or as little as you like!
4 cups short grain sweet rice
1 bunch of green onions, sliced
1/2 cup of dried shitake mushrooms, rehydrated in water and sliced (because my boys pick them out)
1/2 cup of dried baby shrimp, rehydrated in water and minced (because any bigger and my boys will freak and pick them out)
1/2 lb pork tenderloin, sliced thinly into strips
1/4 cup cooking oil
- Cook the 4 cups of sweet rice in a rice cooker according to instructions. Set aside.
- Saute the green onions over medium heat in the oil until slightly brown.
- Add the pork tenderloin, brown.
- Add the mushrooms and shrimp till heated.
- Add soy sauce till ingredients are coated. Cook for 5 minutes on low so the flavors meld and the green onions turn brown from the soy sauce.
- Add the cooked rice and and combine. Add more soy sauce if needed.