Just discovered this waffle recipe – so crispy like Bruxie’s. Original post from http://crispywaffle.com/?p=110
The Easiest Crispiest Yeasted Waffles
2 cups flour
1-1/2 tsp active dry yeast (make sure to proof it first by letting it dissolve and rise with the milk and sugar ingredients)
1 stick melted butter (1/2 cup or 110 grams)
2 cups warm milk (heated to about 110 degrees)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
The night before:
- Combine and whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl: flour, yeast, sugar and salt.
- Combine the melted butter and milk. Add the mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Whisk eggs and vanilla together in a separate small bowl. Add the egg-vanilla mixture to the other mixture, and whisk until well-combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and stick in the fridge until tomorrow morning. (The batter can rise for 10 to 24 hours.)
The next morning:
- Prepare waffle iron as usual. Stir the batter to deflate it (it should be puffy and frothy).
- Add to waffle iron the same way you would other batter, keeping in mind that this batter will rise more than batters that use baking powder instead of yeast.